Quality Assurance - Senior Engineer
Senior QA Engineer - IBM Sterling OMS
Be part of something bigger
Nextuple operates a platform for retailers to run flexible fulfillment of their digital orders, the company provides Omnichannel-as-a-Service with several apps and microservices. Intuitive apps allow retailers to manage seamless fulfillment experiences through solutions for visibility, monitoring, anomaly detection & predictive analytics. An API-first architecture and an expansive ecosystem of partners means retailers can deploy fast and flexible omnichannel with ease. Nextuple was founded by Darpan Seth, Devadas Pattathil & Laxman Mandayam. The founders have worked for successful startups as well as large companies like Publicis Sapient & Walmart. The company has offices in San Jose, Boston, and Bangalore. Learn more at www.Nextuple.com.
As a Senior Automation Test Engineer, you will be a part of the Nextuple Engineering team that is building high-quality enterprise-class software for the retail industry.
- Prepare Test plan and detail out use case scenarios that need to be automated.
- Provide estimates on manual testing & test case automation effort for user stories in every Agile Sprint and deliver on the same as per the estimates.
- Develop REST API and User interface automation test cases to ensure minimum 80% code coverage (both line and branch) and robust code quality.
- Ensure 100% test pass in CICD runs. Log JIRA tickets for any test case failures.
- Provide timely feedback on code quality, ease of use etc. during Sprint retrospective meetings.
- Log software defects and Verify the fixes when delivered.
- Publish periodic reports on software defects to the stakeholders.
- Act as the quality custodian for the monthly product releases by ensuring new feature and regression testing.
- Merge automation PRs.
- Contributes to organization-building functions such as hiring, training, mentoring, team building.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 4 years of industry QA experience including manual testing, REST API Testing automation using BDD framework like Cucumber Or Testing automation using Selenium Or Unit testing frameworks like JUnit/TestNG.
- Experience working with junior members in the team.
- Self-motivated and works with minimal direction.
- Identify impacts of planned work on existing functionality.
- Plan and estimate work to be completed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication (e.g. defect reports, release notes, emails, status ports, technical or functional description of the product).
- Experience with IDE like IntelliJ/Eclipse/NetBeans/Visual Studio.
- Knowledge of SCM like GitHub, BitBucket etc.
- Good knowledge of testing frameworks and tools like Cucumber, RestAssured, Selenium, TestNG, JUnit.
- Expertise with usage of RDBMS or NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB).
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Design, development and maintenance of automation test cases.
- Demonstrated experience in end-to-end testing from requirements, design, unit and integration testing.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Eng degree / MCA
- Familiarity with the retail industry domain.
- Automation testing in a software product company
- Familiarity with Performance testing
- Familiarity with Security testing
- Knowledge of CI systems like Jenkins.
Get in Touch
Nextuple is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Nextuple.
To apply for this opportunity, Kindly share your resume to email@example.com